Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A 20 Year old in the City

So being in New York City you cannot choose to ignore fashion. Every time I step out into the streets I realize i'm either going to set a new trend or pretend to be minimalist until my fashion choices meet up to par. I had to help my friend take photo's in the city this week and I decided to let Cher who inspires my life, inspire my fashion choices. Needless to say  I said "As If" to the usually dark t-shirt and dark jeans, and went with a furry mint sweater from Forever 21, high waisted light jean shorts from Urban Outfitters and high length brown socks and black from H&M. Of course I paired this with my jelly inspired black sandles from JustFab, did I mention I have a shoe problem?


I took this shot while waiting for the 6 train of course. Through out the day I received cat calls, I don't know whats worse, being used to it to the point I don't even react or the fact that people mainly guys think I will respond in the way they want. One Later stopped me on the escalator telling me "You look so sexy look at those legs you go girl". I took this one positively mainly because a man came up after her and said "I'm sorry, she means well i'm her husband", Right after a following man staring at my legs eventually makes his way to my face and says nice hat. Right sir because my hat can be located on my thighs *sighs*


I digress.......Anyway I ended up on 28th street and was pleasantly surprised and met with food trucks and street performers. My favorite thing is seeing parks in the city, I find people who sit around so interesting. I often wonder where they come from, are they from the city? Do they own a posh apartment nearby? Why did they come. Every person in NYC comes for one reason, to be successful. Also almost everyone comes to show off their own personal fashion. Here's just a photo to get an idea of what a beautiful day it was.


So this time wasn't exactly the most exciting, I am still waiting for the love of my hipster dreams to come and find me but for now I take pictures and enjoy my first love, NYC. Till Next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment