Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Edie Sedgwick Inspires Me........

You know the name Andy Warhol, but who was his main inspiration behind it all and who happened to be his best friend? Edie Sedgwick that's who, she starred in his many short films in the 60's. Vogue even named her "YouthQuaker" in one of their edition's in the 60's. She is always an inspiration to me and many designers so I decided after checking out a few works in Fall 2015 Couture Collection Vogue posted online to compare her style to whats relevant, pick my favorite of each collection and where to find a similar version of it. Before I get started If you want to know more about Edie-Warhol dynamic a great movie named "Factory Girl" 2006 and it even stars this heart-throb as her leading man....



Armani Priv'e

This piece from Armani Priv'e for Fall Couture reminds me of her chic blazer look, back at a photo shoot in the 60's. Although Edie's blazer is patterned and the blazer in the piece is sheer fade both the pieces are similar in how its executed. From the large earrings to the shoes the piece on the runway utilizes new futuristic colors of the same idea in Edie's outfit in the picture.





This look from Edie is reincarnated in this jacket in this piece. The frills, the length, and the chicness paired with big earrings......need I say more?

My favorite look from Armani Priv'e is..


 Want this look?

H&M: $17.99

H&M: $10.00

Forever 21: $24.80


Jean Paul Gaultier                                                   



In his collection is more nautical inspired when it comes to stripes but this piece showed me the most relatable pieces to Edie right down to the makeup.


This coat style is absolutely stunning the circle style he brought to the coat is ingenious. This circle style is used throughout his collection. Jean Paul Gaultier 

My favorite look on the runway from Jean Paul Gaultier was...


Where Can I find This Look?



                                        Boohoo: $14.00


Valentino

This look from Valentino long sleeves and sleek reminding me of this shot with Edie. Its such a simple look but what I love about Valentino is he added a medallion and belt. His entire collection is outstandingly beautiful and is a tribute to the Greek Era.


 This second look is elegant and simple. Although the contrast of colors is difference the beauty in each outfits simplicity is stunning.



My favorite Look...
                                                     Where Can I Find This Look?

                                                       Rare London: $42.00



 And that's it for now, Keep Checking here for more but until then.....





No comments:

Post a Comment